Friday, October 23, 2009

Floss Wrapped Rickrack

Floss wrapped rickrack is an easy technique used to add extra color to your project. The rickrack can be either machine stitched to the fabric first, or stitched to the fabric using only the floss. I used floss wrapped rickrack to edge the collar of the romper for "First Day of Spring", and on the dress "Spring Flowers."

Using three strands of DMC floss, thread the needle and tie a knot in one end of the thread. Insert the needle through the back of the fabric and come up above the rickrack in one of the "valleys."

Insert the needle through the fabric below the rickrack, and come out above the rickrack. Pull the thread all the way through.

Continue to the end of the rickrack and tie off on the wrong side of the fabric.

1 comment:

Tina Peterson said...

I love this technique. I bought some Ric RAC for some little spring skirts I'm making for 15 mo old Gianna and I've never used Ric RAC before. This will be really cute. I couldn't figure out how to sew it via the machine so this is perfect. YAY!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails